SYMPTOMS of a Firewall Issue:
- You can print once or twice and then the printers disappear on your iOS
- It looks like you are printing from your iOS but then nothing happens
- Printers don't show up on your iOS.
- TCP 9631 is open and allowed for Presto.
- UDP 5353 is open and allowed for Bonjour.
- Make sure inbound and outbound traffic is permitted.
- Reset your Firewall to its default settings to see if it clears.
- Your firewall/AV may have asked for a request to "Allow Bonjour" during the installation of Presto. If you blocked this at installation, it will cause problems.
- Despite FingerPrint and Bonjour being allowed it may be necessary to create additional rules:
- -XP See article http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2235
- -Win 7 On the PC running my FingerPrint server create a rule in Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rules -> New Rule -> Port -> Select UDP -> Input Port 5353 for Specific Local Ports -> Allow the Connection -> Select Domain/Private -> Name it Multicast DNS -> Finish.